Join our awesome team of local folks who are working to build community in Helper! Help people understand simple actions they can take to reduce their waste and enjoy the lively atmosphere of our community events.
Here are some perks of joining our crew:
- Fun, active and engaging work environment; we are all part of one TEAM
- Ability to express yourself creatively; photography, art & design, costumes
- Countless networking opportunities; sponsors, local businesses, media outlets, city & government officials, artists, musicians, live performers etc.
- Gain experience in all aspects of event production; stage, logistics, merchandise, vendor relations, bar team, staffing, volunteers, local business relations, social media, marketing
- Awesome office space located right on Helper’s Main Street
- Be a part of the community; make friends & connections
- Make a difference; recycling, sustainability, positive relationships!
- Find out what is really “Happening in Helper”
- Future employment opportunities with Helper Saturday Vibes
- Service the zero waste stations; provide education to the general public about proper recycling, composting, collect contact information (email & phone) via clipboard for folks who are interested in signing up for a local recycling program, share a good attitude with the public to ensure a successful event
- Provide information to event attendees and staff; answer questions, provide directions, implement surveys on an as-needed basis
- Complete set up and tear down with general event team of each event; zero waste stations, information booth, place signage, store items appropriately, tables & chairs, any additional Vibes equipment
- Collaborate with fellow volunteers/general event staff; maintain regular communication
- Attend a welcome meeting with Allie and the general event staff, on the day of each event
- Maintain communication with the merch/information booth, bar staff, vendor manager, volunteers, zero waste team, sound team etc during the event. Filling in and helping where necessary.
- Direct parking within the venue, on an as needed basis
- If windy or bad weather, check in to ensure all A frame signage & banners are properly secured
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.