Purpose of the Position
Assist with the duties and assignments required to further Mariposa’s mission and Strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, organize, and analyze data to support the Strategic Committee
- Research out local organizations in an effort to gain knowledge and create potential partnerships
- Attend meetings with the Strategic Committee via Zoom every week or as needed for 1 hr. Meet with Project lead for 1 hr. every week
- Be prepared and on-time for meetings and events
- Respond to Mariposa's leadership emails and calls within 48 hours
- Share in and support Mariposa’s mission and core values; adhere to Mariposa’s policies
- Other duties as needed
Training on Mariposa’s core values, policies, and mission, including orientation of relevant campaign’s mission and status.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Comfort with performing research through online resources
- Comfort contacting leadership in other organizations and businesses
- Passion for children wellness programs
- Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional, and non-partisan manner
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions, and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Google Drive and Zoom, or a willingness to learn
Time Commitment Required
Approximately 1 - 2 hours per week
Much work can be conducted remotely from home. Most internal meetings will be held over Zoom. Attendance at in-person events may be required at times and will be in the Austin region.